Earthrise to be launched in Q2 2010
Klassa visits Masthead Studios before the launch of their first online game
- Автор: klassa.bg
- Date: 18.12.2009
- Views: 2924575
The feeling of space is the first thing experienced by each player who enters the world of Earthrise – the debut game of Masthead Studios. One of the biggest advantages of the title is that the authors are not afraid to bring out the story into the open space. This favorable fact puts to a serious test the entire engine of the game made by the developers. It must be admitted that even before the optimisation is done, the game goes at almost 60-70 frames per second on the huge terrain for mass combats. Moreover, it is played on a two-year old computer.
"It is precisely our striving to achieve this effect, which was the reason to delay the schedule for the launch of our product," acknowledged Atanas Atanasov, CEO of Masthead. "In general, we are lagging behind by six months. But it was worth it because the game already looks much better," explained he while the figure of his hero was running around the 80-meter futuristic cannon. Atanasov does not hide that the software rewriting is mostly a result of the fans' reaction to the original in-game movies, shown by the company. "Despite the praises we received, there were a few quite disappointed fans. We had two choices - either to run the game in the original version, or to wait and make it much better," explained he.
More than a year has elapsed since our last visit to the Masthead office but the outcome is already clear - there is an almost finished product, which only needs fine-tuning. Attention has been paid to every detail, including the stalks of grass, swinging in the wind.
Date of release - Q2 - 2010
According to Atanasov, the actual release date for the game market is the second quarter of 2010. Before this, tests are at hand. The so-called "closed beta test (CBT)'' is expected to be held between February and March. Until then, the game will be tested and set by the team of the company. In one specific day each week, the entire team of the company gathers in the office and plays for a few hours. It is curious that even employees on leave also come to play but nobody wants to go home, even if the working hours are over.
The expectations of the Masthead team are to have about 70-80,000 initial subscribers to the game. These figures are commensurate with similar titles for the industry. Unlike others, however, all players will be located in one place. "At first, we plan to have only one server as the world of Enterra is really enormous. Possibly, we can open up another server to the USA because of the time difference," specified Atanasov.
The team players to win
The team game will play a significant role in Earthrise. If the players unite in guilds, it will bring them many bonuses - opportunities to participate in massive combats, sieges, conquering territories. Since the economy in the game will be entirely run by the players, the controlling of zones - sources of resources will carry a number of advantages to the relevant guilds. The zones themselves can be modeled by the leader of the controlling clan. He will be able to build different buildings and fortifications to protect it from assaults.
Even the virtual world must have a clear set of rules. The role of "God" in Earthrise is performed by Apostol Apostolov. He is the man who creates the mathematical models in the game, which are later implemented by programmers. Apostolov himself explained that, before he began to build the content of Earthrise, he was a journalist dealing with role playing games (RPG). The most important role in the project, however, is his. He must find the right balance of everything in Earthrise. "If we release the game and a serious imbalance is found - this is a bug, which is quite difficult to remove," explained Apostolov.
Economy – everybody's responsibility
Earthrise is a game in the so-called "sandbox mode". This means that each player has complete freedom of action and is not obliged to comply with any tasks set by the game designer. Actually, Masthead provides the players with a virtual world but the actual rules are determined by the relations between them. That is why it is very important to have a balanced economy. The manufacturing of weapons, armor and ammunition depends entirely on the participants themselves. According to Apostolov, it is completely normal for the problems of the real economy to be transferred to the virtual world. "My realistic expectations are of no inflation, even for a slight deflation to occur given the parameters we have set," explained he.
After a considerable lull, the company decided to reveal some of its secrets. In the last six months, only partial screenshots were released. Masthead officials have decided to make a PvP-movie using the game engine, which is expected to happen as early as next month. Klassa daily even received a special invitation to join the combat, footage of which will be used for the new video. And our victory over the creators of the game in fair combat would be a better advertisement than anything else.
Kert said: 2016-05-08 22:27:31
Loved the video of Maeve. Made me miss when my own children were little. Thrill seeking was so much simpler before they were tesragene. Glad she is feeling better. She is a little cutie. http://hxnfoffxg.com [url=http://dhitjz.com]dhitjz[/url] [link=http://wyzgmeff.com]wyzgmeff[/link]
Maisyn said: 2016-05-08 22:27:26
Iâ€™ve never been able to get the capcha to work in subscription forms on Firefox or Safari on a Mac â€“ this might just be a configuration issue, but perhaps an alternative to capcha for those who are unable to get it to work, or who may not have graphics enabled (tbh Iâ€™ve not tried with graphics disabled and this may not be a prsiiequre-te). http://ygorxqcxg.com [url=http://yzjfvhpkj.com]yzjfvhpkj[/url] [link=http://rfmoweanna.com]rfmoweanna[/link]
Raynes said: 2016-05-08 22:27:25
8-) Just to let you know that I got a bookmark to your weblog from Themelis Cuip1rRe7;s SocialGarden Business happenings > smm & brand – so you are doing a wonderful job as he provides a link to you. http://stwfdass.com [url=http://dihfpwxzj.com]dihfpwxzj[/url] [link=http://sguuwa.com]sguuwa[/link]
Misty said: 2016-05-08 22:27:24
Caro Antonio,the production of soap was forbidden and the monopoly of noblemenEnglish sailors using teir own soap but on Portuguese soil -in the harbour of Lisbon- went to prison.Then came Pombal and on 20.12.1765 ended this monopoly.Pombal was the heroe not Lippe.Lippe left only Forts and Condelipas (Mushroom festival in Faobrao)aÃ§rRalf http://eopilypufx.com [url=http://burhywvc.com]burhywvc[/url] [link=http://zuwemccumqg.com]zuwemccumqg[/link]
Adelie said: 2016-05-08 22:27:23
ik ben heel preuts opgevoed, ik kan je niet zeggen hoe blij ik ben dat ik geen last meer heb van schaamte !! ben een ander geglekiukr mens geworden als naturist http://pxkqdiylbd.com [url=http://evjazgxzc.com]evjazgxzc[/url] [link=http://oroorab.com]oroorab[/link]
Idalia said: 2016-05-08 22:27:20
Outstanding article! I just had to take the time to thank you for writing an article with such great innromatiof. You make valid points and I have to agree with you on many of them. http://kshbtkgx.com [url=http://ogmhzdv.com]ogmhzdv[/url] [link=http://qpsbbpopch.com]qpsbbpopch[/link]
Tessa said: 2016-05-08 22:27:19
NÃ¥r vi var der for noen Ã¥r siden,bodde vi pÃ¥ Barnas Sommerhotell som ligger i byen.. 5 min gange unna bydsaantr.Veldig barnevennlig hotell og ikke sÃ¥ veldig dyrt. NÃ¥r vi skulle pÃ¥ Sabeltann-showet ble vi hentet utenfor hotellet og kjÃ¸rt hjem etter showet. http://erlrjph.com [url=http://rubqblwyx.com]rubqblwyx[/url] [link=http://vmltqm.com]vmltqm[/link]
Trevon said: 2016-05-08 22:26:27
Trouke Norejau pirkti iRobot Amlogic 7, bet jau neardpuoda tie kinai. Idomu kodel? Ar pardavines veliau? Nes jei pirkciau tokia nesamone nebent kad perkant uz 180Lt kai palyginus nespalvota Nokia galima nusipirkti tiktai va cia tai neblogai atrodo :D http://mtxenhzr.com [url=http://bxbefwwtcet.com]bxbefwwtcet[/url] [link=http://zfahbgin.com]zfahbgin[/link]
Betti said: 2016-05-08 22:26:24
Estimado Papa EscÃƒÂ©ptico: Pienso que deberÃƒÂa haber un reglamento para debatir, prpeciialmnnte el buen uso del idioma y el respeto. Solo es una sugerencia, gracias-. http://aogimlinii.com [url=http://hsrieurr.com]hsrieurr[/url] [link=http://yqmcpbxvc.com]yqmcpbxvc[/link]
Irais said: 2016-05-08 22:26:19
Did FB take away the ability to search for pages to like while using FB as the page you created? Seems now I can only get a t2;8op ten” list, instead of looking through the hundreds of pages I know are out there. I used to be able to post as my page, but not being able to find pages to begin with, really throws that off. Is it me – or is it FB? http://itvklgie.com [url=http://qxjrdip.com]qxjrdip[/url] [link=http://ehkqdhie.com]ehkqdhie[/link]
- President and Prime Minister address the nation on Independence Day
- How independent Bulgarians feel on Independence Day
- Bulgarian Ruzhdi Ruzhdi snatches gold in Paralympics shot put event
- Bulgaria will pay back by year-end greater part of Belene N-plant debt: energy minister
- Day of Sofia 17 Sept: Orthodox Church commemorates holy martyrs Sophia, her daughters Faith, Hope and Love
- Bulgaria officially requests EUR 160 million from EU to deal with migration crisis
- Atanas Tasev and cosmopolitanism of talent
- Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova met with European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Crețu
- Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova: More than BGN 20 mln invested in construction, repair of schools, kindergartens this year
- The EU countries have common interest in protecting successfully Bulgaria’s borders
- President Plevneliev: People in Europe expect politicians to act decisively, to solve and not to deepen problems
- Socialists mark September 9th
- KvARTal reminds us of legacy we must protect
- Knitters of Brussels lace gather in Bulgaria’s Perushtitsa
- Young Plovdiv resident invites to virtual walk to Museum of Unification
- The Czech Republic will help Bulgaria protect EU external border: Milos Zeman
- Bansko welcomes Bohemi festival of Balkan rhythm
- EU should guarantee that Bulgaria would not be excluded from gas transferring system: Premier Borissov
- Folk Studio: furrowing and squeezing through a garment – when is it done and why?
- Deputy Mayor of Sofia Dontcho Barbalov: Sofia Municipality has a high credit rating and its finances are in good condition
- According to President, candidates for his position should have clear Euro-Atlantic views
- Start of new Parliamentary session outlines directions of forthcoming Presidential campaign
- Tsveta Karayancheva, CEDB: Anti-terrorism, anti-corruption legislations to be among parliament’s priorities during the new season
- Growing number of Bulgarians opt for card payments
- Bulgarians welcome Orient Express at Ruse train station
- Two Firms to Invest BGN 5.5 M in Bulgaria’s Bozhurishte Industrial Zone
- General Brigo Asparuhov: BSP, ABV are not equal parties because ABV has too little influence in the society
- Culture minister: Burnt tobacco warehouses in Plovdiv must be restored by their owners
- Radoslav Parvanov: “Live to take pictures”
- Frontex deployed additional forced along Bulgaria’s border to Turkey, Serbia
- Bulgarian Orthodox Church commemorates Dormition of the Mother of God
- Bulgarian film Bezbog wins Grand Prix in Locarno
- Ships open to public at Varna Nautical station
- Prof. Ivo Kremensky: we have the genetic fund and a potential
- “Green Library” or why spend time in the park, book in hand
- Zhivka Shopova: Writing lyrics on a finished music score is my cup of tea!
- Bulgaria reports BGN 21.753 billion GDP in Q2 2016
- Bulgarian candidate for UN head Irina Bokova places in top 10 of most powerful women
- Bansko Mayor Georgi Ikonomov: We are reporting a serious growth of tourists in our town
- Bulgarian Deputy Minister Valery Borissov: We expect two-thirds of the state forest enterprises to start working with the new platform for e-sale of wood
- Bulgarian Red Cross supports and joins the efforts of the Bulgarian government to provide immediate and efficient help to Macedonia
- Varna Municipality acquires 29% of the shares of International Fair Plovdiv
- EC agrees "Balkan" gas hub could receive natural gas from Russia
- Sofia mayor: Day and night patrols to observe order around Zhenski Pazar, we are monitoring situation around refugees
- Art house in Rhodope village of Dazhdovnitsa brings that region back to life
- Minister of Defense Nikolay Nenchev: Bulgarian Armed Forces have as many fighter jets as necessary:
- Record high quantity of contraband gold seized at Bulgaria-Turkey border.
- Reform in Bulgaria’s education begins
- “The prettiest, the bonniest” village of Chelopech brings together the songs and dances of the world
- Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister: Total of 3 100 000 tourists are reported for this year
- The ABV Party MPs want a hearing from Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borisov about the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the EU
- Daniela Saveklieva, CEDB: The last political season was very dynamic and busy
- Betina Zhoteva: EU Presidency is an opportunity for Bulgaria to be European leader
- Minister of agriculture: 16% growth in peach crop reported in 2016
- Deputy PM Meglena Kuneva: Bulgaria’s EU Presidency to be more expensive because it will be held in the first half of the year
- Petya Parvanova, State Agency for Refugees: No elements of radicalisation detected in behaviour of suicide-bomber from Ansbach, while in our country
- Parvan Simeonov, Gallup International: According to Bulgarians, problems in Turkey are yet to come
- Georgi Markov: Rightist movements in Europe should save it from migration and terrorism
- Bulgarian Army ready to deploy more personnel and equipment to assist Border Police in protecting border with Turkey: Minister Nenchev
- Minister Mitov meets with Amos Hochstein and Daniel Fried on second day of his visit to USA
- Stara Zagora
- Veliko Tarnovo