The University of National and World Economy to launch 17 new master’s degree programmes
- Автор: Sonia Stamboliyska
- Date: 22.8.2011
- Views: 1977
“The University of National and World Economy (UNWE) announced admission of students to 17 new master's degree programmes,” said yesterday Professor Vesselka Pavlova, Vice-Rector of the University, for Klassa daily. The term for submission of documents started yesterday and will continue until September 15. A written entrance examination will be held on September 17. "The tests are for all candidates, and are in line with the required educational level," said Pavlova.
She said that subjects such as Empirical Social and Marketing Research, Business Informatics, IT and Business Analysis, Economic Policy, Management of Real Estate, Economic Sociology and others were among the new master’s degree programmes at the university.
The European Business and Finance degree programme will be conducted together with the Nottingham University in Britain. The list of new educational subjects includes also Media and Politics, Production Management and Cultural Industries, Leadership and Organizational Diagnosis, Social Entrepreneurship, European Social Policy and Social Work. The master’s degree programmes at the university now number about 70.
Pavlova commented further that there would be no increase in the fees for the master’s degree programmes for this academic year and these would be in the range of BGN 700 to BGN 900, depending on the subjects. “We maintained the fees unchanged, because both the economic and demographic situations are not very favourable," she explained.
Regarding this year’s admission of bachelors, the Rector announced that even after the first admission round all places in the university, which were around 3 540, had been occupied. "We have just single places in the regional centre for distance training. They remained open after a few students officially requested their documents back. But 180 people have submitted their diplomas at the university and are among the reserves, waiting to be admitted," she said. Students show the greatest interest in degree programmes in English language in the field of economics, which include Economy, International Economic Relations, Finance and Accounting, Business Informatics. There is also great interest in subjects such as Business Administration, Public Administration and others.
No comments to this article. Add the first one.
- President and Prime Minister address the nation on Independence Day
- How independent Bulgarians feel on Independence Day
- Bulgarian Ruzhdi Ruzhdi snatches gold in Paralympics shot put event
- Bulgaria will pay back by year-end greater part of Belene N-plant debt: energy minister
- Day of Sofia 17 Sept: Orthodox Church commemorates holy martyrs Sophia, her daughters Faith, Hope and Love
- Bulgaria officially requests EUR 160 million from EU to deal with migration crisis
- Atanas Tasev and cosmopolitanism of talent
- Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova met with European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Crețu
- Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova: More than BGN 20 mln invested in construction, repair of schools, kindergartens this year
- The EU countries have common interest in protecting successfully Bulgaria’s borders
- President Plevneliev: People in Europe expect politicians to act decisively, to solve and not to deepen problems
- Socialists mark September 9th
- KvARTal reminds us of legacy we must protect
- Knitters of Brussels lace gather in Bulgaria’s Perushtitsa
- Young Plovdiv resident invites to virtual walk to Museum of Unification
- The Czech Republic will help Bulgaria protect EU external border: Milos Zeman
- Bansko welcomes Bohemi festival of Balkan rhythm
- EU should guarantee that Bulgaria would not be excluded from gas transferring system: Premier Borissov
- Folk Studio: furrowing and squeezing through a garment – when is it done and why?
- Deputy Mayor of Sofia Dontcho Barbalov: Sofia Municipality has a high credit rating and its finances are in good condition
- According to President, candidates for his position should have clear Euro-Atlantic views
- Start of new Parliamentary session outlines directions of forthcoming Presidential campaign
- Tsveta Karayancheva, CEDB: Anti-terrorism, anti-corruption legislations to be among parliament’s priorities during the new season
- Growing number of Bulgarians opt for card payments
- Bulgarians welcome Orient Express at Ruse train station
- Two Firms to Invest BGN 5.5 M in Bulgaria’s Bozhurishte Industrial Zone
- General Brigo Asparuhov: BSP, ABV are not equal parties because ABV has too little influence in the society
- Culture minister: Burnt tobacco warehouses in Plovdiv must be restored by their owners
- Radoslav Parvanov: “Live to take pictures”
- Frontex deployed additional forced along Bulgaria’s border to Turkey, Serbia
- Bulgarian Orthodox Church commemorates Dormition of the Mother of God
- Bulgarian film Bezbog wins Grand Prix in Locarno
- Ships open to public at Varna Nautical station
- Prof. Ivo Kremensky: we have the genetic fund and a potential
- “Green Library” or why spend time in the park, book in hand
- Zhivka Shopova: Writing lyrics on a finished music score is my cup of tea!
- Bulgaria reports BGN 21.753 billion GDP in Q2 2016
- Bulgarian candidate for UN head Irina Bokova places in top 10 of most powerful women
- Bansko Mayor Georgi Ikonomov: We are reporting a serious growth of tourists in our town
- Bulgarian Deputy Minister Valery Borissov: We expect two-thirds of the state forest enterprises to start working with the new platform for e-sale of wood
- Bulgarian Red Cross supports and joins the efforts of the Bulgarian government to provide immediate and efficient help to Macedonia
- Varna Municipality acquires 29% of the shares of International Fair Plovdiv
- EC agrees "Balkan" gas hub could receive natural gas from Russia
- Sofia mayor: Day and night patrols to observe order around Zhenski Pazar, we are monitoring situation around refugees
- Art house in Rhodope village of Dazhdovnitsa brings that region back to life
- Minister of Defense Nikolay Nenchev: Bulgarian Armed Forces have as many fighter jets as necessary:
- Record high quantity of contraband gold seized at Bulgaria-Turkey border.
- Reform in Bulgaria’s education begins
- “The prettiest, the bonniest” village of Chelopech brings together the songs and dances of the world
- Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister: Total of 3 100 000 tourists are reported for this year
- The ABV Party MPs want a hearing from Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borisov about the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the EU
- Daniela Saveklieva, CEDB: The last political season was very dynamic and busy
- Betina Zhoteva: EU Presidency is an opportunity for Bulgaria to be European leader
- Minister of agriculture: 16% growth in peach crop reported in 2016
- Deputy PM Meglena Kuneva: Bulgaria’s EU Presidency to be more expensive because it will be held in the first half of the year
- Petya Parvanova, State Agency for Refugees: No elements of radicalisation detected in behaviour of suicide-bomber from Ansbach, while in our country
- Parvan Simeonov, Gallup International: According to Bulgarians, problems in Turkey are yet to come
- Georgi Markov: Rightist movements in Europe should save it from migration and terrorism
- Bulgarian Army ready to deploy more personnel and equipment to assist Border Police in protecting border with Turkey: Minister Nenchev
- Minister Mitov meets with Amos Hochstein and Daniel Fried on second day of his visit to USA
- Stara Zagora
- Veliko Tarnovo